In aid of World Health Day (April 7th 2016), here at The County Group we wanted to make sure that all of our customers are aware on how to stay healthy and active when in the work place. By ensuring that you try to stick to these guidelines can mean that you can prevent any long term effects or possible illness.
Here are some of the top tips to keep you active within the office:
- Rather than sending an email to a colleague, why don’t you try walking over to them to deliver the message
- Take the stairs rather than the lift
- Park your car further away from the entrance so you have that little bit more further to walk
- Try to organise your office so that you have to stand or walk to reach some things such as; the phone or printer, rather than having everything within an easy reach
- You could also try “phone walking” meaning that every time your phone rings you have to get out of your chair before you pick it up, but if you have a mobile phone or a portable hand set, try walking across the room for the duration of the phone call
- Exchange your chair for an exercise ball, this can help to improve your core muscles, balance and flexibility
We believe that keeping active in the work place is essential and highly important in terms of your physical and mental health. Therefore, we hope that this advice has been beneficial to you and you have enjoyed reading. If you would like to find out more about the services we provide to protect you or your business and your family should your health, or the health of your employees decline, click on the links below.