Job Vacancy: Marketing Assistant/Apprentice based in Crewe
The County Group is a Top 50 UK broker based in the North West and the Midlands with over 30 sub-brands targeting the insurance and financial services markets. We are currently looking to recruit a Marketing Assistant/Apprentice to join our busy marketing team based at our office in Crewe. The marketing team provides invaluable support to the sales team through creating leads and awareness of our brands which include the following and many more; County Insurance, insureTAXI, insureFLEET, insureCOURIER, JSW Insurance and County Financial Services.
Applicants should be prepared to take on a challenging and fairly varied role that will provide them with experience in various aspects of marketing and offers excellent potential for career progression. There is also the opportunity to take a Level 3 or 4 Diploma in Marketing and/or a CIM qualification for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Copywriting – writing blogs and content for new pages which will be published on the company’s websites including www.countyins.com, www.insuretaxi.com and www.insurecourier.com etc. This will involve online research and learning how to use Word Press to upload your work onto the sites.
- Writing press releases – drafting and proof reading editorial for magazines.
- Email marketing – creating monthly newsletters and other campaigns which will be sent out to both new and existing clients via Mail Chimp. Full training will be provided.
- Direct Mail – extracting and cleansing customer/prospect data and preparing monthly mail shots.
- Day-to-day administration – including folding direct mail letters and franking them, filling in marketing compliance forms and updating prospect databases using Excel.
- Social Media – support our efforts to enhance the company’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.
- Assist with the distribution or delivery of marketing materials. You will also be required to liaise with design agencies to create marketing collateral such as business cards and letterheads as well as adverts for magazines.
- Reporting – support with monthly reporting on enquiry figures and sales targets. This will involve using Excel and Powerpoint.
- Events – Support preparation for networking events.
- Potential web development and SEO (guidance and training will be given)
- Any ad hoc duties required by department and project management including
The ideal candidate is likely to be a recent college leaver with a genuine interest in marketing or business development. Similarly, you may also be someone looking to start a new career. Aside from enthusiasm and ambition, there are no formal qualifications or experience required but the following characteristics are highly desirable;
- A high level of written English (E.g. GCSE A*- C)
- Enjoys creative writing and researching topics
- Good verbal communication skills and the confidence to talk to third parties over the phone
- IT Literate – competence using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent time management and organisation skills (this is a fast paced environment)
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Be a quick learner
- Attention to detail is essential for posting copy online
- A basic understanding of marketing, business studies and/or insurance would be a distinct advantage.
Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday however we could be flexible for the right candidate. Salary will meet national minimum wage for an apprentice.
To apply for the position please email your CV along with a covering letter to Lesley Garratt: email@example.com.