Have you ever wondered how car insurance prices can be so high? Knowing how insurers calculate the price of your policy can help you to control the cost of your insurance. We have created a quick guide to help you to understand these factors.
WHAT AFFECTS THE PRICE OF A POLICY?
HOW CAN I CONTROL MY PRICE?
Many insurers offer discounts based on your vehicle’s safety features—such as anti-lock brakes or anti-theft devices—or for having multiple cars on one policy. Your behaviour as a driver can also impact your rates.
HELP CONTROL THE COST OF YOUR INSURANCE BY UNDERSTANDING HOW YOUR PREMIUM IS CALCULATED.
Here are some tips for keeping your premium low:
4. Drive defensively.
5. Drive less. Walking, riding your bike or taking alternative transport to get from place to place could help you qualify for an infrequent driving discount.
6. Consider purchasing a car with more safety features.
7. Install an anti-theft device. This is an easy way to deter one type of car emergency that would raise your premium.
8. Keep your credit in good shape.
9. Consider excluding high-risk drivers in your household from your policy. If you choose to do this, make sure these drivers do not get behind the wheel of your car.
10. Ask The County Group about multi-policy discounts.
Learning about how motor vehicle insurance rates are determined helps you to navigate varied rates, make smart motor vehicle buying decisions and control the cost of your insurance. If you have questions about your motor vehicle premium, contact The County Group today.