Bonfire night is always a great night filled with fireworks and sparklers – it’s a night of endless fun. Alongside the fun, there can unfortunately be lots of injuries and damages. So this bonfire night, make sure you stay safe.
We have thought of some tips to make sure you stay safe this bonfire night:
- Go visit an organised bonfire as it’s a lot safer than building your own. There will be one if your local area.
- If you’re building your own bonfire, make sure you build it well away from your house, shed, fences and trees.
- Keep a bucket of water or a hose nearby in case of emergency if you’re having a bonfire or setting off fireworks.
- Never use petrol or any flammable liquids to start a bonfire and don’t burn dangerous items like aerosols cans and batteries.
- Never leave the bonfire unattended.
- Keep children and pets at a safe distance.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box and follow the instructions carefully.
- Always light fireworks at arm’s length and stand well back.
- Always be extra careful with sparklers and never give them to children under five. Once they have gone out, dispose of them in a bucket of water as they are still extremely hot even when they have gone out.
- Never throw fireworks and don’t put them in your pockets.
Bonfire night can be a very scary time for your pets so make sure they are indoors before they start. Also put them in a room with their favourite treats to keep them calm for the night. If you have a dog, try this calming video. We’re sure they will love it.
Make sure your home and car are protected during the holidays in case anything happens. You never know when accidental damage or house fires may happen, it’s best to be protected for the unexpected. Call our friendly team on 0333 400 2316 or fill in our simple online quote form.