Archive for year: 2014
On Saturday 11th October Nantwich play host to FC United in what many expect to be Nantwich’s biggest attendance of the season. Nantwich 1st played FC United back in 2006 in the North West Counties Division 1, FC United won 2-0 this game in front of 2,736 people. Over the years Nantwich have repeatedly played FC United as both sides have made progress up the leagues. This game will be the 20th time that the two sides have met in both league and cup games.
Who are FC United
FC United were formed back in 2005 by Manchester United supporters who opposed to American businessman Malcolm Glazer’s controversial takeover of the club. The club is owned and democratically run by its supporters. During the clubs first three seasons FC United gained three successive promotions taking them to the Northern Premier League they have remained in this division over the past 7 seasons.
During the clubs 1st season they had attendances of around 3,000 however since then there attendances have fallen to still an impressive 2,000. FC United fans and its founders have often been criticised by supports of Manchester United and the media, with many fans viewing those who chose to leave to follow F.C. United as “traitors”
Since the formation of FC United they have played their home games at Gigg Lane which is the home ground of Bury FC. However inevitably the club has had to play some home games away from Gigg Lane due to fixture clashes and have used a further 6 stadiums. However the club is expected to move into their new 5,000 capacity stadium very soon.
3 memorable Clashes between Nantwich and FC United
There have been many memorable games between the two sides these are County Insurance’s favourites.
- On the 24th February 2007 Nantwich welcomed FC United for the 1st time at their old ground Jackson Avenue the game ended 1-1. Andy Kinsey scored for Nantwich and Northern Ireland international Rory Patterson equalised for FC United. The attendance for this game was 1,436
- Another memorable game for us at County Insurance was on the 15th September 2012 when Nantwich travelled to FC United and won 2-1 despite going 1 goal down. In the Nantwich team that day was County Insurance employees Sean Cooke and Mat Bailey and it was Mat who scored the winner that day with a volley that went into the bottom corner. The attendance for this game was 1,969.
- On the 14th September 2011 Nantwich travelled to FC United and won the game convincingly 3-1. On the score sheet that day was Sean Cooke who scored a delightful free kick from 25 yards that he put in the top right corner. Playing in this game for FC United is current Nantwich centre back Adam Jones. The games attendance was 1,353
We hope the game tomorrow will be just as memorable and are hoping for a victory for the Dabbers.
Nantwich head into the game in 12th place having won an entertaining game on Tuesday night, whilst FC United find themselves in 8th place. One thing is for sure it is going to be a great game.
Admission prices to the Weaver Stadium are Adults- £10, Concessions – £7, Under-16s – £3. (Under-11s – Free admission accompanied by a paying adult), while kick off is 3:00pm
County Insurance – www.countyins.com – are are leading insurance broker in the North West, employing over 150 people across 7 branches. We provide a full range of personal and business insurance policies. We are also a UK Top 50 broker.
For more information or a quote call us on 01270 417678 or click here to fill in our short online quote form
One Millennium Gate, Westmere Drive, Crewe Business Park, Crewe, CW1 6AY
Tel – 01270 506 980
Fax – 01270 506 983
Email – email@example.com
Best of luck tomorrow @TheDabbers in the FA Cup 1st Round tomorrow - we will be there cheering you on 🤞⚽️
Thank you for having us today! 📻 twitter.com/thisisth…
The latest from our Blog:
- The County Group acquires Bruce Edwards, Jones20th November 2019 - 11:40 am
- Keep your home safe during your summer holiday29th July 2019 - 4:35 pm
- Our Recent Client Testimonials4th July 2019 - 2:12 pm
- The County Group acquires Rawlins Insurance Brokers24th June 2019 - 11:58 am
- Property Management: Managing your flood risk17th June 2019 - 2:09 pm